The Chapter of Athens of the Scientific Society of Hellenic Medical Students (SSHMS) is one of the largest and most active chapters of SSHMS.
We take action by making more than 10 events of scientific and societal interest per year. Our goal is to boost our education, create in the field of interest of the students – and ours of course! – and to cater every interested student to information and activities as part of the broader social spectrum.
Thus, we create free and seminars and conferences addressed to every student, including lectures from distinguished scientists, workshops from specialized doctors and voluntary actions in association with non-profit organizations.
Innovative actions of our chapter include the workshops- events below:
- Suturing Skills Workshop
- Basic Clinical Skills Workshop (B.C.S.)
- Basic LAparoscopic Skills Training (B.LA.S.T.)
- Informative campaign for the bone marrow donation (Will you…Marrow me?)
In addition, the Chapter of Athens
• is the main organizer of the annual voluntary, educational program “Apovasis”
• Has, multiple times in the past, been in charge of organizing the annual Scientific Congress of Hellenic Medical Students (SCHMS) and International Forum for Medical Students and Junior Doctors, with the most recent one being the 24th SCHMS and 12th International Forum.
• Participates actively in medical conferences all over Greece.
The chapter has about 800 registered members. As for the organizing committee, it consists of more than 100 students per year.
Like every chapter of SSHMS, it is financially supported by the one-time member registration (12 euros) and the sponsorships that occur on a case-by-case basis. You can find some of our sponsors on the corresponding tab.
Are you a medical student in Athens?
Do you want to create and take part in educational and voluntary actions?
Do you have ideas on how we can volunteer as medical students?
Do you want to nourish your social and organizing skills and boost your CV?
Do you want to meet people all over Greece that share the same interests as you?
Then, join our team! We’ll be happy to create together!